* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter softened
* 1 cup dark brown sugar
* 1 cup pumpkin puree pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
* 2 eggs
* 2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 heaping tsp pumpkin pie spice
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 1½ cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease an 8-or-9″ loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine all of the bread ingredients except for the chocolate chips and stir until just barely combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Do not overmix as this will lead to tough bread. Spread into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool completely in the pan before inverting onto a wire rack to slice and serve.