Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (10.5 ounces) cans Rotel
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn with liquid
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Salt, as needed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Cook the hamburger in a large pan and drain the grease.
- Remove the hamburger and cook the bacon in the pan.
- When the bacon is crisp, remove and brown both sides of the sausage in the bacon grease.
- Add the onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the meat and the remaining ingredients to the pan, except the cilantro.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. You can use a potato masher and mash the beans and potatoes a little to thicken the soup. This is optional.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
- Serve with cornbread or garlic bread.