This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was little. I didn’t realize at the time that it was like the chilli from Wendy’s! I am so grateful to my grandma for sharing with me the recipe because now, I get to share it with you as well. How awesome is that? I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Yes, you are more than welcome to add more ingredients if you wish. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this recipe even better! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 (1.5 oz. cans) diced tomatoes, not drained
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 (29 oz. can) pinto beans, drained
- 1 (29 oz. can) kidney beans, drained
- 2 c beef broth
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/4 c chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown. Discard any accumulated grease.
- Transfer the browned beef into a 6-quart large slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the slow cooker together with the browned beef. Stir until well combined.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 8 to 10 hours on a low setting or 4 to 6 hours on a high setting.
- Ladle into servings bowls and garnish with your preferred herbs.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Feel free to use broth instead of water and bouillon cubes.