With garden fresh cucumbers, onions, and sour cream, this Creamy Cucumber Salad is a cool, refreshing summer salad great for cookouts or light dinners.
- 3 pounds sliced and peeled cucumbers (weight after peeling)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine
- 18 ounces light sour cream
- ¾ cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed (or 2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill)
- Peel and slice the cucumbers, put aside. Chop the onion fine and continue to the dressing.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the sour cream, vinegar, sugar, and dill, stir well. Taste and adjust the vinegar and sugar if needed.
- Fold in the cucumbers and onions, mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Taste the sour cream mixture and adjust the vinegar and sugar to taste before adding the cucumbers.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 8.9mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 0.6mg