Creamy Salmon and Shrimp Alfredo
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb salmon fillet, skinless and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the Pasta:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare Seafood:
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and salmon pieces to the skillet. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and the salmon is cooked through. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Remove seafood from the skillet and set aside.
- Sauté Vegetables:
- In the same skillet, add a bit more olive oil if needed. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and sauté for 2 minutes until slightly softened.
- Create the Alfredo Sauce:
- Pour in the heavy cream, stirring continuously. Bring the cream to a simmer.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese gradually, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the thickness of the sauce by simmering a bit longer if necessary.
- Combine and Garnish:
- Add the cooked fettuccine pasta to the skillet with the Alfredo sauce. Toss everything together until the pasta is well-coated in the sauce.
- Gently fold in the cooked shrimp and salmon.
- Plate the creamy Salmon and Shrimp Alfredo, and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Feel free to customize the recipe by adding vegetables like spinach or mushrooms for added flavor and nutrition.
- For extra heat, you can add red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the Alfredo sauce.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice can add a nice citrusy kick to the dish.
Enjoy your delicious Creamy Salmon and Shrimp Alfredo!