Sure, here’s a simple recipe for Crock Pot Green Beans:
- 1.5 lbs fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for a bit of heat)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for garnish)
- Place the washed and trimmed green beans in the slow cooker.
- Add the sliced onion and minced garlic on top of the green beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken or vegetable broth, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Pour the broth mixture over the green beans, onion, and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Gently toss everything together to ensure the green beans are coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the green beans are tender but still have a slight crispness.
- Before serving, you can sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top for added flavor.
- Serve the Crock Pot Green Beans as a side dish with your favorite main course.
Enjoy your easy and flavorful Crock Pot Green Beans!