A slow cooked white chicken chili fully loaded with flavor and finished off with cream cheese and a splash of half and half to make it nice and creamy.
- 1-½ lbs chicken breast, raw
- 2 15.5 ounce Great Northen Beans (about 3 cups) drained, but not rinsed
- 2 4 ounce cans cans diced mild green chiles
- 1-½ cups corn kernels (frozen or canned)
- 1-¾ cups chicken broth low sodium, if available
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper more or less depending on level of spice preference
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- tortilla strips
- reduced fat shredded cheese
- chopped green onions
- chopped cilantro
- diced tomatoes
- a squeeze of 1/4 of a lime
In a slow cooker add chicken breast, beans, green chiles, corn, spices, and chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5 hours.
**Be sure not to add cream cheese or half and half in the beginning.**
Remove chicken and shred. Stir back into the chili.
Stir in half and half and light cream cheese. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
Top with tortilla strips, cheese, green onions, cilantro, tomatoes, and/or a squeeze of lime, if desired. Enjoy!