Pie / Filling
- one single pie crust pastry (half recipe)
- 1 cup (8 oz) Greek Yogurt or labne
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) sugar
- 5 medium sized peaches (about 1 1/2 lbs) OR if peaches aren’t in season, 2 cans of sliced peaches, drained, OR 20 oz of frozen peach slices, defrosted, drained and at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup (half stick) (2 oz) butter
- 1/3 cup (3 oz) flour
- 1/8 cup (1 oz sugar)
Oven temperature 425ºF (220ºC)
MAKE THE PIE CRUST:
- After making the pie crust from the directions , roll it out to just a bit larger than the pie plate and place on top.
- Trim the edge.
- Crimp the edges as desired (I pinch with a thumb and forefinger.)
ASSEMBLE THE PIE:
- Next, peel and slice (1/2″) the peaches and place them over the bottom of the pie crust until all the peaches are used.
- With a whisk or fork, beat together the Greek yogurt, egg yolks, flour, sugar and vanilla until blended and pour over peaches.
BAKE THE PIE:
- Bake pie for 30 minutes or until custard is just beginning to set.
- Meanwhile, make streusel topping by cutting butter into the flour and then continue with your hands until the mixture looks like crumbs; mix in the sugar. (For more detailed directions read here.)
- After 30 minutes, remove the pie from the oven, and evenly sprinkle the streusel over the center of the pie.(The pie crust shied is great to stop crusts from burning.)
- Bake for 15 more minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie, comes out clean.
- Cool pie on wire rack for an hour; serve warm.