Delicious Chicken Pot Pie, This was SO delicious, the best I have ever tasted. I made it with the “Butter Flaky Pie Crust” and it turned out perfectly flaky and wonderful.
To make this amazing recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 c potato, diced
- 1 c onion, diced
- 1 c celery, diced
- 1 c carrot, diced
- 1/3 c melted margarine
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 c half-and-half
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 C chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 pie crusts ( either store-bought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Saute onion, celery, carrots, and potatoes in margarine for 10 minutes. Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly. Combine broth and half and half. Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well.
- Pour into the shallow 2-quart casserole dish and top with pie shells.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden and flaky