- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt or crème fraîche
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled (water can be used instead)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of cream or milk (depending on consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter or spray a glass bread pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla and yogurt or cream. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, stirring with a spoon until well blended. Pour into the prepared bread pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the Swirl ingredients. Place teaspoons on top of the bread, then use a knife to swirl it two or three times in the dough. (Do not over mix).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is tested with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Prepare the icing by whisking the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth, adding a knob of milk at a time until a good coulis is obtained. When the bread is completely cooled, pour the icing over it.