This Easy Skillet Beef Pot Pie is my ultimate comfort food! I got this recipe online a few years ago. It was love on the first try! So, if you want to taste perfection, then you have got to give this recipe a try! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! I have listed all the things you will be needing so you just have to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to tweak this recipe a bit to your liking. Enjoy!
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounces) cans mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c low sodium beef broth/stock
- 8 biscuits (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 c milk (any type)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme (optional)
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until brown and aromatic.
- Discard any excess grease.
- Add flour and stir until well mixed.
- Add broth, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended, then allow the mixture to simmer until the texture becomes thick.
- Add the veggies and stir until well combined.
- Spread the biscuits over and sprinkle thyme as well.
- Transfer the skillet inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 911mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 4685IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 3.9mg