Your family will love this Easy Spaghetti Sauce Recipe that’s quick to make with convenient canned ingredients and dried seasonings. It tastes like it has simmered for hours, when really it only takes 20 minutes! Serve over spaghetti pasta noodles and garnish with parmesan cheese for a family favorite dinner.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 yellow or white onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce w/ Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a skillet pan, over medium-high heat, add the ground beef, onion, and salt. Cook and crumble until beef is no longer pink and onion is softened.Drain excess grease/liquid from the beef.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover the pan with a lid, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve pasta sauce over cooked thin spaghetti noodles. Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese.
Ground Beef : I use 93/7 ground beef when I make this. You can use whatever you want, even ground turkey, because you’ll drain the grease anyways.
- If using ground turkey instead of ground beef, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet when you’re cooking it. Ground turkey is much leaner and needs some fat to cook in.
Serving Size : This pasta sauce makes 6 servings, with about each serving being 3/4 cup of sauce. If you are serving 2 adults and several young kids, the pasta sauce can go much further. Crushed Tomatoes : If you’re having trouble finding a 15 ounce can of crushed tomatoes, just measure out 1 + 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes from a larger can. Add Some Heat : If you want to spice up this spaghetti sauce, try adding some red pepper chili flakes.
Calories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 18gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 896mgPotassium: 882mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 506IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 4mg