- 1 lb ground pork lean (90/10)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 small head of cabbage shredded
- 3 carrots shredded
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Servings: servings
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in onions and ground pork, and cook until meat is cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat, and add remaining tsp olive oil. Stir in cabbage and carrots, and cook, stirring regularly, until cabbage is softened and wilted a bit, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium. Return meat to the pan with the cabbage, and stir in the soy sauce mixture. Stir well to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, and then serve.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings
Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups
Each serving = 5 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 218 calories; 12g fat; 3g saturated fat; 1g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 0g sugar; 22g protein