- A good quality lean ground beef, I used 1 pound.
- Tortilla chips, use 2 bags, any flavor you want!!!
- Taco seasoning mix packet.
- Refried beans, use one can.
- A small diced onion.
- 3 small diced tomatoes.
- 2-3 green onions, you need to chop them well.
- Shredded cheese, I used 16-ounces.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. In a pan, sauté the beef with onion until the meat is crumbled and the onion is transparent.
- Remove any excess fat from the pan and turn the heat down to low, then add the taco seasoning and mix well, and cook for a few more minutes.
- Prepare two big baking sheets by lining them with a layer of parchment paper.
- Place one bag of tortilla chips on each tray and spread them out evenly to cover the whole surface.
- Divide the refried beans and place them by spoonfuls onto each tray of chips, repeating the process twice more.
- Each tray should have half of the meat mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat this process for all two trays.
- Place the baking pans in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly.
- Once the cheese has melted, remove the pan from the oven and top with the chopped tomatoes and green onion if desired.
- These may be topped with salsa and sour cream, lettuce, black olives, or any other toppings that your family likes to eat with them.
- Enjoy It!