All chocolate lovers agree that it’s a real addiction. If you are one of those chocoholics, you’ll love this fluffy chocolate cake recipe, especially when you cut a slice and see how moist it is inside and the rich aroma it gives off.
I have made a syrup with coffee, but don’t worry if you don’t like coffee, the flavor goes unnoticed accentuating much more the chocolate flavor and giving it color and juiciness. Dare with this moist and fluffy chocolate cake that I share on joanlori.
- For the cake:
- 200 grams of Chocolate for desserts
- 175 grams of butter
- 175 grams of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams of flour
- 1 tablespoon of Baking powder
- For the syrup:
- 75 milliliters of homemade long-brewed coffee.
- 100 grams of Sugar (½ cup)
- For the decoration:
- 100 milliliters of liquid cream or heavy cream.
- 150 grams of chopped dessert Chocolate
- 4 tablespoons of liquid Caramel
- To make our moist chocolate cake, we must first chop the chocolate to make the sponge cake and melt it little by little in the microwave, while stirring every time we take it out. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC. In a bowl, put the butter in pieces and softened (you can put it in a few seconds in the microwave for it), along with the sugar, and beat everything with the help of electric rods.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat after each addition to continuing with the preparation of the moist and fluffy chocolate cake.
- Add the reserved melted chocolate and continue beating with the mixer or electric beaters.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour and sift it on top of the chocolate cake batter. This time, we mix with a spatula gently but well integrating the flour.
- Grease a 26 cm long plum cake pan well and pour the moist chocolate cake batter into it. Level the surface and bake the cake at 180 ºC (170 ºC with air) for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out free of dough.
- While the chocolate cake is baking, we will make the syrup in the following way: heat the long coffee in the microwave, take it out, and add the sugar. Mix well and let it cool.
- Let the cake cool in the mold for 5 to 10 minutes before removing it from the mold. Place it on a wire rack with a tray underneath once it is removed. Prick the surface of the cake with a skewer, especially around the edges of the cake, as this area is always drier, and gradually drizzle the cake with the coffee syrup. Do not add more liquid until it has all seeped inside the cake. This way until we finish all the syrup.
- Add the four tablespoons of liquid caramel and mix well. The caramel can be bought already prepared, or made at home following the simple recipe of liquid caramel.
- With a spoon, drizzle this sauce over the chocolate sponge cake.
- Decorate with chopped chocolate chips and serve this spectacular moist chocolate cake.
- The pleasure comes now when we open our moist and spongy chocolate cake and taste it. If you have as much of a sweet tooth as we do, you can also try the colorful meringues recipe or the fresh grapes cake.