- 1 All Butter Pie Crust pre-baked and cooled
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Blind Bake your crust according to package or recipe directions.
- Measure out two cups of berries, wash and hull them, then crush them with a potato masher.
- Add the crushed strawberries, sugar, water, and cornstarch to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until it boils. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Cool completely before continuing. (You can also make this the day before.)
- To assemble the pie, hull and slice the remaining strawberries and place them in a bowl. Pour the cooled strawberry filling over the top and stir. Place in pie crust. Chill for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. Top with fresh whipped cream before serving.
- This pie is best eaten the same day its made. It will get weepy if refrigerated overnight.
- Feel free to use a refrigerated or frozen pie crust instead of my recipe.
- Learn how to blind bake your crust here.
- Want a completely no bake pie? Use a graham cracker crust instead.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 42.3mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Nutritional information not guaranteed to be accurate