- 2 tubes of crescent roll dough 8 rolls each
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter with garlic. Stir. Set aside.
- Remove the dough from tubes and roll out one of them right on the parchment paper. Pinch seams to seal (the dough is scored into triangles, we need a whole piece of dough). Use a rolling pin to smooth it out. Top with 1.5 cups of shredded cheese.
- Roll out the second dough and pinch seams. Place on top of cheese and pinch sides to seal both layers of dough. Brush the top dough with garlic butter and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake breadsticks for 15 to 18 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from oven and score with a pizza cutter while the dough is still warm. Let cool and serve.
In the refrigerated section of your grocery stores, you can find tubes with roll dough and biscuit dough. The crescent roll dough is perforated into 8 triangles, that you can separate, roll up and bake to make easy flaky crescent rolls. For this recipe, you need to pinch the seams to seal them and make one sheet of the dough