The most tasty steak and potato meal you’ll ever try – simple and delicious!
1 1/2 pound (650g) flank steak (or ribeye steak, tenderloin, strip loin, strip steak…), cut against the grain
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 1/2 pound (650g) baby yellow potatoes, quartered
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped 3 tablespoons butter, divided 5 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper, freshly cracked
Optional: crushed red chili pepper flakes
a third cup of soy sauce (or coconut amino for paleo and gluten-free)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (we used Sriracha)
peppercorns, freshly cracked
- To make the garlic butter steak dish with potatoes wedges, combine the steak strips, soy sauce, olive oil, pepper, and hot sauce in a large mixing bowl. Allow steak strips to marinade while you prepare the potatoes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. When the butter has melted, toss in the potato wedges. Simmer for 4 minutes, then stir and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until potatoes wedges are golden brown and fork-tender. Place the cooked potatoes on a plate to cool.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, garlic, red chili pepper flakes, and fresh herbs to the same skillet over medium heat. In the skillet, arrange the steak strips in a single layer, reserving the drained steak marinade for later. Cook the steak strips for 1 minute on each side, or until well browned – the time may vary depending on how you prefer your steak.
- If desired, just before serving the Garlic Butter steak, whisk in the remaining marinade and simmer for one minute. Return the potato wedges to the garlic butter steak pan and heat until warmed through. If required, season with more salt and pepper.
- Remove the steak and potatoes from the fire and serve immediately, topped with extra crushed chili pepper, fresh herbs, and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese over the potatoes, if desired. Enjoy!