- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup onion diced
- 4 cups frozen hash browns thawed
- 1 ½ cups leftover ham diced
- ½ green pepper finely diced
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in hash browns, ham, and green peppers. Cook until the hashbrowns are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Press the back of a spoon into the hashbrowns to create 4 wells. Crack a fresh egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper and top with cheese.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your preference. *Note, the eggs will continue to cook once removed from the oven so do not overcook.
- Use frozen or pre-cooked (leftover) potatoes. If using fresh potatoes, boil or fry them until almost cooked before adding other ingredients.
- Sweet potatoes can be substituted for a sweet potato hash.
- Add any leftovers in your fridge to this hash from veggies to meat or even pulled pork.
- Do not overcook the eggs. Once removed from the oven, they will continue cooking so take them out when they’re a little softer than you’d like.
- If you’d prefer scrambled eggs, prepare the hash as directed and remove it from the pan. Gently scramble some eggs in butter just until set.