- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (14 oz.) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (8 oz.) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro, garnish
- sour cream, garnish
- tortilla chips, garnish
Place chicken breasts and chicken broth in slow cooker, then add tomatoes, beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and garlic.
Season with cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper, then stir everything together, turn slow cooker on HIGH and cook for 3 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and place in a large bowl, then use two forks to shred chicken into small pieces.
Return chicken to slow cooker, then add cream cheese. Stir everything together, then cover slow cooker and continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes, or until cream cheese is melted.
Transfer to serving bowls and serve with fresh cilantro and sour cream or tortilla chips.