This is most likely one of my children’s favorite dinners to prepare. I’m talking about something they could have for brunch, lunch, snack o dinner. Along with pancakes, pizza, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Isn’t it true that my children are normal??
This is also a popular choice among readers! The dish has been rated as one of the best on Countryside Cravings!
I like that this dish can be prepared in 30 minutes and that it just calls for a few cupboard items.
That pre-packaged food has never appealed to me; it’s excessively salty and contains many of additives that I was completely unaware of.
I hate purchasing items that have an ingredient list that is full of unpronounceable words.
To be honest, this homemade version is equally as simple and fast as the store-bought one. Sure, you’ll have to open a few more jars or cut a few more vegetables than normal. But believe me when I say it’s well worth it!
If you’re a fan of vegetables, this recipe is for you. Using a very tiny knife, chop up some zucchini and mix it into the hamburger helper. Alternatively, you might add some frozen peas, finely diced carrot, or anything else you have on hand that needs to be disguised. The fact that the vegetables are the same color as the rest of the meal doesn’t bother my children, and they don’t even notice when I do it often with them.
TO MAKE IT YOU’LL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:
– 500 grams.Of Ground beef.
– A Cup.Of Dry macaroni noodles.
– A Cup.Of Hot water.
– 2 Cups.Of whole Milk.
– A large spoon.Of Cornstarch.
– A large spoon.Of Paprika.
– 2 small spoons.Of Onion powder.
– 2 small spoons.Of Garlic powder.
– 1 small spoon.Of mustard powder.
– 1 small spoon.Of Kosher salt.
– Half a small spoon.Of Freshly ground black pepper.
– A Cup.Of grated Cheddar cheese.
THIS IS HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE STEP-BY-STEP:
– Step 1: To begin, you need to prepare the meat by browning it in a large pan over medium heat and draining the fat.
– Step 2: Next, add all of the other ingredients (excluding the cheese) to the skillet and mix everything together until everything is well combined.
– Step 3: Once you’ve finished, you may bring the pot to a boil, cover it, and lower the heat to a simmer for approximately 12 minutes.
– Step 4: Following that, remove the pan from the heat immediately, mix in the cheese, and cover.
– Step 5: Finally, let it rest for about 2 minutes before stirring to incorporate. Prepare the dish and serve it to your guests.
This homemade hamburger helper is even a hit for my hubby!!! That I can sneak in some veggies for him to consume is a huge plus in my book! Don’t tell anybody, especially him! So, if you’re looking for dinner inspiration, you must give this dish a shot. A one-pot dinner that is fast, simple, and delicious…..it doesn’t get much better than that!!!