– A 9-inch baked Pie crust.
– A cup.Of White sugar.
– 2 Tbsp.Of All-purpose flour.
– 3 Tbsp.Of Cornstarch.
– Salt: 1/4 teaspoon
– 1½ cups.Of Water at room temp.
– Lemons; I used 2 medium-sized, I squeezed the juice and extracted the zests
– 2 Tbsp.Of soft Butter.
– 4 medium Egg yolks.
– 4 medium Egg whites.
– 6 Tbsp.Of White sugar.
This dessert requires a few steps, but they are well worth the effort. Believe me, when I say that this is going to be one of the greatest pies you’ve ever made, THIS IS HOW TO MAKE IT:
– Step 1: In a medium saucepan, I mixed the first 1 cup of sugar, with flour, cornstarch, and salt, and I poured over the blended water, squeezed lemon juice, and zest.
– Step 2: Next, I cooked the mixture for few minutes, stirring regularly, over medium-high heat, until the mixture comes to a simmer, and I added in the soft butter.
– Step 3: In a tiny tub, I whisked together the egg yolks, and I steadily added in 1/2 cup of the heated sugar mixture.
– Step 4: After that, I returned the whisked egg yolk mixture to the remaining sugar mixture and took it to a simmer, stirring continuously, until thick.
– Step 5: Finally, I switch off the heat and carefully added the filling into the baked pastry case.
THE MERINGUE DIRECTIONS:
– Step 1: I started by whipping the egg whites until foamy in a big glass or metal bowl.
– Step 2: And following that, I added in the white sugar, whipping continuously, until rigid peaks emerged.
– Step 3: And after that, I scatter the meringue evenly over the pastry, sealing the edges of the crust at this point.
– Step 4: To finish, I baked in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the meringue was golden brown.
Note: Lemon Meringue pie is better consumed the day it is prepared and immediately after the meringue is applied. To hold leftovers, wrap in plastic or tape, avoiding contact with the meringue if necessary. I use toothpicks to secure the plastic wrap around the pie. And you can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy it!!