Lemon Cream Cheese Bars with crescent roll bottom and top layers, filled with a bright and refreshing lemon cream cheese mixture, buttery and crispy lemon sugar topping is the easiest dessert, breakfast, or snack. You won’t be able to eat just one!
- 2 (8 oz.) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Juice and zest from 2 lemons
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese-softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter-melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Unroll 1 tube of crescent roll dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, stretching to the edges.
- Beat softened cream cheese with ½ cup of sugar, juice from 2 lemons and about ¾ of the lemon zest (reserve about ¼ of the zest for topping) until smooth and creamy, then spread over crescent roll dough layer.
- Unroll the second tube of crescent roll dough and layer over cream cheese mixture, gently stretching dough to the edges.
- Brush melted butter over the crescent roll dough layer. Mix remaining lemon zest and ¼ cup of sugar together in a bowl and sprinkle over butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Cool for about 20 minutes, then lift dessert from baking dish using foil and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares leaving on foil. Then return to the baking dish and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.