- 6 cups red potatoes (scrubbed and cut into 1/2 in pieces)
- 1- 8 oz package of bacon (slices cut then fried)
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in the skillet.
- 1 1/2 LB boneless and skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 11/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (divided into 2- 1 cup measures)
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C green onion sliced thin ( green and white)
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onion
- 9×13 in baking dish
- cooking spray
- paper towels
- small bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then spray your baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dice up your potatoes and toss them in the baking dish.
- In a bowl you will mix your melted butter, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together. Once mixed pour over the potatoes.
- You will cook your potatoes at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when you poke them.
- In a pan you will cook up your diced bacon until crispy. Remove and place bacon on a paper towel.
- Leave the grease in the pan and add in your diced chicken and cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Once potatoes are done, remove and top with chicken and bacon. Sprinkle with cheese, and if you want you can add layers of meat and green onions to the top.
- Put the chicken potato back in the oven to melt the cheese. This takes around 3-5 minutes.
- Once done remove the casserole and let cool slightly. Then add your favorite toppings and serve.
Makes: 6-8 servings