Thick and creamy loaded broccoli potato soup is full of delicious vegetables and delicious seasonings. It’s hearty and filling!
- ▢2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- ▢2-3 large carrots peeled and diced
- ▢4 medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces
- ▢1 tsp onion powder
- ▢2 small heads broccoli washed and diced small
- ▢3 tbsp butter
- ▢1/3 cup flour
- ▢3 1/2 cups milk
- ▢4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ▢1 tsp salt
- ▢1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- ▢6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots potatoes and onion powder. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add salt and garlic pepper. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined.
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency and add any additional salt and pepper needed. Top with bacon pieces.
- Serve warm.