This dessert is more than comforting. It is downright delicious!
- 8 cups French bread cubes (about ½ of a 1 lb loaf)
- 1 cup Nestle semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Nestle caramel bits
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Pioneer granulated sugar
- ½ cup Domino’s brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Folgers strong coffee
- 1 cup Great Value half-n-half
- ½ cup Tru Moo milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Cut half of a one pound loaf of French bread into cubes.
- Place 8 cups of bread cubes into a lightly greased 3½ – 4 quart crockpot.
- Top with chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans.
- In a bowl, mix together granulated sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder. Add four slightly beaten eggs, vanilla, strong coffee, half-n-half and milk. Mix until completely blended.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the cubed bread.
- Carefully stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.