- 1 Cup macaroni
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 scallions, sliced thin (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 Cup shredded carrot
- 1-2 stalks celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 5 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Step 1: Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil, Cook 1 cup macaroni to al dente, according to package directions. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, mix together cooked macaroni, 1/2 cup diced bell pepper, 2 sliced scallions, 1/4 cup shredded carrot, and 1/2 cup diced celery.
Step 3: Add 5 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, salt, and pepper to bowl. Combine well.
Step 4: Cover macaroni salad and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.