- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, finely chopped (about 3 medium)
- 1 can cannellini beans (10 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, sliced (about 3 medium)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion and zucchini until tender. Stir in red pepper flakes, and season generously with salt and pepper.
Add beans, then stir until well combined and heated through. Transfer veggie mixture to baking dish and top with sliced tomatoes.
Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, basil and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Pour mixture over the casserole ingredients.
Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until egg is set, and casserole is lightly browned and puffy. Remove from oven and serve hot.