I’m so grateful to whomever thought of the idea of these Bubble Up casseroles creations. I’ve made some fantastic meals with just a simple can of biscuits as a start! This Meatball Sub Bubble Up Bake is a delicious and healthy alternative to a regular ol’ Meatball Sub. It takes just a little prepwork and you’re totally good to go.
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle refrigerated original biscuits
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 green bell pepper, diced, sautéed
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
1.Heat oven to 350°F.
2.Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces; place in large bowl. Add meatballs, sautéed bell pepper and marinara sauce; stir until well coated.
3.Pour into ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle Italian cheese blend evenly over top.
4.Bake 35 minutes or until biscuit pieces are puffed and cheese is melted and golden brown.
5.Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and if desired, chopped fresh basil.