Are you looking for a super yummy, quick dinner to make? If you haven’t tried my meatloaf yet, I think you’re going to love it! It’s low in calories, very moist and has a divinely rich sweet ketchup glaze. It’s a whole lot skinnier than most meatloaf recipes because I’m using an extra lean ground beef, homemade whole wheat bread crumbs and egg whites. By the way, making your own crumbs is really simple to do.
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup of Zesty Italian dressing
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pkg. chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In skillet, cook onions in dressing until slightly browned.
- In large bowl, mix ground beef, 1/4 cup of ketchup, stuffing mix, eggs, onions, and 1 cup of water.
- Place the combined ingredients into a 13 x 9 baking dish and shape into a large loaf.
- Add layer of ketchup to the top of the loaf and bake for 1 hour or until it’s cooked all the way through.
Optional: Cover the loaf with cheese and bake until melted.