45 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 3 pounds yukon gold potatoes, or small potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, optional, garnish
Preheat oven to 475º F and grease a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine butter, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper in a microwaveable bowl and microwave together until melted.
Add sliced potatoes to bowl and toss in melted butter until completely coated.
Spread potatoes out in a single layer on greased baking sheet and place in oven.
Roast for 15 minutes, then flip potatoes, optional, and roast for another 15 minutes.
Remove baking sheet from oven and flip again, then carefully pour chicken broth into baking sheet.
Return to oven and roast for a final 10-15 minutes, or until fork tender.
Remove from oven and serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!