Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole is a hearty and flavorful dish that’s easy to prepare. Here’s a basic recipe for you to try:
For the Casserole:
- 1 pound (16 oz) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar (24 oz) marinara sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook Spaghetti:
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare Meat Sauce:
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef or Italian sausage over medium heat. Add chopped onions and minced garlic, cooking until the onions are soft and the meat is browned.
- Add Marinara Sauce and Tomatoes:
- Stir in the marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Mixture:
- In a separate bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until well combined.
- Assemble the Casserole:
- In a greased baking dish, spread a small amount of the meat sauce on the bottom.
- Place half of the cooked spaghetti on top of the sauce.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the spaghetti.
- Add the remaining spaghetti on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Pour the remaining meat sauce over the spaghetti.
- Cheese Layer:
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the casserole is heated through.
- Garnish and Serve:
- If desired, garnish with fresh parsley before serving. Let it cool for a few minutes before cutting into portions.
Enjoy your Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole! It’s a comforting and satisfying dish that’s perfect for family dinners or potlucks.