- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots (3-4 medium carrots, peeled before shredding)
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup flaked coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- ½ cup shredded apple (about 1 medium apple, cored and peeled before shredding)
- ¼ cup flaxseed (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners (or grease a non-stick muffin pan).
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the carrots, raisins, chopped walnuts, coconut, shredded apple and flaxseed. Mix until well blended.
In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups. (Note that the muffin cups will be very full which is OK as these muffins rise only slightly during the baking process.)
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. They will be done when the centers are still slightly soft but a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.