Back to Top
- 5 cups steel-cut or whole oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) Hershey’s Bar, grated
- 3 cups nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place oats in a food processor or blender and blitz to a coarse powder. Place in a large bowl and sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, add softened butter and granulated and brown sugars. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the eggs, 1 by 1, followed by the vanilla. Beat for 10-15 seconds after every addition.
- Gradually pour the dry ingredients and beat just until well-combined. Gently mix in the chocolate chips, grated chocolate bar, and nuts with a rubber spatula.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Serve warm with a glass of milk. Enjoy!