This one-pot chicken Parmesan Pasta is so easy to make and ready in less than thirty minutes. Enjoy a great chicken Parmesan pasta meal that’s bursting with flavour any time with this simple recipe!
- 16 ounces dried short-cut pasta (I used rigatoni)
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 ounces jar of your favourite marinara sauce (I used Newman’s Own)
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- water to fill empty marinara sauce jar
- additional dried Italian seasoning, optional
- fresh parsley and/or basil, minced for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
Step 1: Drizzle the olive oil in a large pot or skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pot and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes or until almost completely cooked. Then, transfer the chicken to a plate.
Step 2: To the pot, add the onion and garlic. Cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Then, pour in the marinara sauce. With water, fill the empty sauce jar and pour this into the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, decrease to a strong simmer.
Step 3: Add the chicken to the pot along with the pasta. Stir and put the lid on. Continue to cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to your preferred doneness. Uncover and stir in the Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
Step 4: On top, sprinkle the rest of the 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Continue to cook until the cheese has melted and gooey. This takes another 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 5: If desired, sprinkle with extra Italian seasoning. Serve garnished with parsley or basil. Enjoy!