We’re talkin’ bakery-style cinnamon rolls made with the softest, chewiest, lightly-golden dough, an irresistible buttery cinnamon-sugar swirl filling, and your choice of icing (either traditional or cream cheese icing, you pick!) generously drizzled on top. They are surprisingly easy to make and guaranteed to fill your home with the yummiest, coziest, hygge-ist vibes as they bake. And once that warm pan emerges from the oven, everyone who has tried these cinnamon rolls agrees that they are downright irresistible.
So this weekend, I thought I would bump this cinnamon roll recipe back to the top of the site since it seems like we could also use some extra comfort food in our lives right now. If you’re new to working with yeast and homemade dough, please don’t be intimidated at all! I promise to walk you through each step of the process with clear instructions, and we also have a step-by-step video to give you a visual. I’ve also updated the recipe below with options to either make the dough either by hand or use the help of a stand mixer. Plus I’ve included two different icing options so that you can choose your favorite!
Ingredients and Directions
1. Mix and let sit for 15 minutes:
3 1/2 c. warm water
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
6 T. yeast (4 1/2 Saf-Instant)
2. Then add:
1 T. salt
10 1/2 c. flour
3. Mix together for 10 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes.
4. Oil cupboard (don’t use flour), dump out dough. Divide in half.
5. Press one half out into rectangle. Spread with ¼ c. melted butter and then with cinnamon-sugar mixture. 6. Roll up tight, but not too tight.
7. Divide into 12 rolls and place on greased cookie sheet.
8. Repeat with other half of dough. Let rise.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.
1 c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 cube butter
2 dashes salt
2 t. vanilla
6 c. powdered sugar