I’ve done something bad. Something very bad. I think this pie may be the death of me. Several years ago I decided to make the perfect peanut butter pie. You really should just stop reading now because it may be the death of you as well. In my opinion, it is heaven on a plate. You’ve got the salty pretzel topped with a layer of gooey hot fudge, and then the bulk is the peanut butter custard which is silky and creamy. I’m in love.
This right here, is the perfect peanut butter pie. Who doesn’t love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? I’ve made this for several years now and it’s always the first pie gone.
This pie is my absolute favorite pie of all time. I have always preferred cream pies over fruit pies, but this pie takes things to a whole new level. Everyone that I’ve ever served this pie to has absolutely raved about it. Be sure to let me know when you try it!
For the Pretzel Crust:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Peanut Butter Fudge Filling:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For Garnish (Optional):
- Whipped cream
- Crushed pretzels
1. Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Make the Pretzel Crust: a. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, melted butter, and granulated sugar. b. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish to form the crust. c. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until set. Allow it to cool completely.
3. Prepare the Peanut Butter Fudge Filling: a. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and peanut butter together, stirring until smooth. b. Remove the saucepan from heat and whisk in the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. c. Let the mixture cool slightly, then fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed. d. Pour the peanut butter fudge filling into the cooled pretzel crust.
4. Chill the Pie: Place the pie in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 2-3 hours or until the filling is set.
5. Garnish (Optional): Before serving, you can garnish the pie with whipped cream and crushed pretzels for added texture and flavor.
6. Serve: Slice the pie into wedges and serve chilled. Enjoy your Peanut Butter Fudge Pie with Pretzel Crust!
This decadent pie combines the salty crunch of the pretzel crust with the rich and creamy peanut butter fudge filling for a delightful treat. Feel free to customize the recipe to suit your taste preferences!