1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
½ cup powdered sugar
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
½ teaspoon peppermint extract
Few drops of green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer, mix butter, flour and powdered sugar for one minute, starting on low speed, then increasing speed once the powdered ingredients are mixed in.
- Next, increase speed to medium-high and mix for seven minutes, stopping once halfway through to add in the peppermint extract.
- Add in enough food coloring, a little at a time to tint the dough a light green color.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips by hand, mixing only until combined.I like to use a cookie scoop to measure out and drop the cookie dough (about a heaping tablespoon) onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes. The edges will be very light brown.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks. Cool on wire rack, then proceed with storage instructions.