- 8 ounces Ribeye Steak thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt divided
- 1/4 coarse ground black pepper divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 loaf French bread cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces Provolone cheese sliced
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Season the steak with half of the salt and pepper and all the canola oil.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat and cook the steak for 2 minutes without stiring or flipping.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Remove from the pan and add in the butter, green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms and the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Spread mayonnaise over both halves of the bread.
- Cover with half of the provolone cheese, then add the steak and vegetables along with the rest of the cheese on top.
- Cook for 15 minutes on the middle rack until browned.