Back to Top
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix
- 11 oz can(s) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 – 8 oz can(s) crushed pineapple (juice used for cake and pineapple used for frosting)
- 12 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 3.4 oz box of instant French vanilla or pistachio pudding (I use the French vanilla)
- 1 – 1 1/2 c shredded coconut
- Ready the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oranges, whipped topping, eggs, oil, coconut, pudding, and butter. Beat until well combined.
- Fill the prepared pans with the batter.
- Put the batter inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to poke small holes on top of the cakes.
- Drizzle the pineapple juice over the cakes and make sure to fill all of the holes.
- Add all the ingredients for the frosting into a mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the frosting over the cakes and spread it evenly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!