1 sachet of gelatin powder or 2 gelatin sheets
1/2 cup of sugar
10 tablespoons of orange juice
3/4 cup of heavy cream
- Cut the oranges in half and squeeze them. Avoid damaging the skin. Keep about 10 tablespoons of juice.
- Remove the pulp from the oranges and place the shells in the refrigerator.
- Mix the gelatin with 6 tablespoons of cold water and let it soften for 10 minutes, then heat it, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves.
- Mix the egg yolks with two thirds of the sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in the juice of the orange and hot gelatin to the egg yolks and sugar mixture, then refrigerate.
- Beat the egg whites and then add the remaining sugar and beat until very firm.
- Mix the egg whites and whipped cream with the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Place the orange mousse on the cold orange shells and garnish with orange zest.