- 1 medium Cauliflower , cut into small pieces
- Kosher Salt , for roasting cauliflower
- Black Pepper , fresh cracked if possible for roasting cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil , plus additional for roasting cauliflower
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice , to taste
- 2 tablespoons Tahini Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt or sea salt , or more to taste
- Optional , Black Pepper for garnish
- Optional , Paprika for garnish
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In large bowl, toss together cauliflower with a light coat of olive oil. Lay cauliflower in single layer on prepared sheet pan. Season cauliflower with salt and pepper.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool until comfortable to touch
In blender combine all ingredients (roasted cauliflower, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini paste, garlic, and salt). Blend until smooth, if necessary stopping blender a few times and stirring mixture to help it blend smooth. If needed blend in one tablespoon additional olive oil at a time to make the hummus creamy and smooth.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to overnight, allowing the flavors to marry. Hummus will keep for several days stored airtight in the refrigerator.
Serve dusted with optional black pepper and/or paprika and with your favorite pita bread, vegetable crudités, crackers, chips, toast, or fried bread.