- 6 oz (160 grams) dark chocolate ( 60-70 % cocoa), chopped
- 1/3 cup ( 80 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup ( 100 grams) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ( 67 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl over a small pan of simmering water, melt together the chocolate and butter. Once melted, remove from the heat.
- Using a hand mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk both sugars and the eggs on medium-high speed for 6-7 minutes or until tripled in volume.
- Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in the flour mixture using a spatula until just incorporated and no flour clumps remain. The batter will be very sticky.
- Use a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop to transfer the batter to the lined baking sheets. Space them at least 1 inch apart as they will spread during baking.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with flaky salt.