- 1 Can tomato sauce (29 ounces)
- 1 Can tomato paste (12 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- 1 lbs Italian sausage, loose
- 1 lbs Rotini pasta
- 1/2-1 lbs Sliced pepperoni
- 1 lbs Shredded mozzarella
- 6 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- In a large saute pan with lid, cook sausage until cooked through and brown. Add in red pepper and cook until softened. Add in the tomato sauce mixture, cover and reduce to a simmer.
- In salted water cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a lightly greased 9x13x3 inch pan, pour a small amount of sauce to lightly coat the bottom.
- 1st layer – 1/2 pasta, 1/2 remaining sauce, 1/2 lbs mozzarella cheese, 3 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese, and then cover in sliced pepperoni.
- 2nd Layer – remaining pasta, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese, remaining Parmesan, and then top with sliced pepperoni
- Place casserole in oven and bake for 40 min. Let set for 10 min before serving.