WHAT YOU NEED :
– Russet potatoes: 8 cups (about 6-7 potatoes, cubed)
– Cubed ham: 2 (8 oz.) packages
– Low-sodium chicken broth: 1 (32 oz.) carton
– Heavy cream or half-and-half: 1 1/2 cups
– Sour cream: 1/2 cup
– All-purpose flour: 1/4 cup
– Celery: 2 ribs (diced)
– Carrot: 2 (diced)
– Yellow onion: 1 (diced)
– Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. In slow cooker, place together potatoes, ham, celery, carrots and onion, and season generously with salt and pepper. Then pour in chicken broth.
2. You’ll want to cover slow cooker and cook on high until potatoes are cooked through and fork tender, abouit 4 to 5 hours. And please mash potatoes lightly (they don’t need to be smooth).
3. You can then whisk heavy cream and flour in a small bowl, until flour is completely dissolved. Immediately stir mixture into soup, along with sour cream.
4. Make sure to cover slow cooker again and cook on high until soup is hot and creamy, about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. To finish, you may want to ladle soup into serving bowls and serve hot. Enjoy!