12 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 3/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 (15 oz.) cans cut green beans, drained and rinsed OR fresh if you prefer
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, then Transfer cooked bacon to a paper-towel lined plate.
Drain most of the bacon grease from the skillet, leaving about 2 tbsp. left in the pan.
- Add diced onions and saute until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Combine tomato ketchup, Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and add green beans, sauteed onions, and barbecue sauce mixture.
- Stir to combine and sprinkle top with cooked bacon. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on LOW heat.