If you’re looking for easy slow cooker soup recipes, your search ends here. This cheap and simple recipe is a real family pleaser! Even the kids love it. It’s made with just 6 simple ingredients: frozen tortellini, sausage, cream cheese, tomatoes, broth and spinach.Servings: 6Ingredients
- 1 lb Italian sausage (browned & drained)
- 2 (15oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth (32oz container)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 (20oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach
- Add the browned, chopped and drained sausage, broth, both cans of diced tomatoes and cubed cream cheese to your slow cooker. Give it a good stir and cook on LOW for about 4 hours or until the cream cheese has completely disolved.
- Stir in the spinach and frozen tortellini and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the pasta is done to your liking.
- Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The tortellini will continue to cook if it’s left in the crockpot to warm, so it’s best served right away with any remaining stored in the fridge for later.
- You can also use the refrigerated tortellini, just keep in mind that it may cook a little bit faster.
- Feel free to add anything else to the soup that you’d like. You can add a little minced garlic to the sausage while it’s browning if you have it on hand. You can also add cayenne or red pepper if you like it spicy.