- 4 oz. (1 c.) macaroni
- 1 heaping tsp Dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 1/4 c. (52 grams) mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 c. finely diced celery
- 1/2 c. finely diced bell pepper any color
- 1/4 c. finely grated carrot
- 1 small green onion, diced, use green and white parts
How to make Small Macaroni Salad?
Step 1: Following the package directions, cook the macaroni in a medium pot of boiling salted water. Drain when done and set the macaroni aside to cool fully. Make sure to stir the noodles occasionally to prevent them from sticking.
Step 2: Place the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well until smooth. Then, add the vegetables and toss to coat. Using plastic wrap, cover the bowl and place it in the fridge until the pasta is cool.
Step 3: Place the cooled pasta into the dressing and mix well.
Step 4: Serve right away. Enjoy!
You can swap green onions with 1 tbsp very finely diced white or yellow onion. Just before serving, stir an extra spoonful of mayonnaise into the pasta. Do this if making the salad in advance. Tightly cover the bowl.