Soft and chewy, these Vanilla Bean Snickerdoodles are a family favorite. Cookies packed with flavor!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 ¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until thoroughly combined about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute between additions. Beat in vanilla bean paste.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Scoop dough by large tablespoons and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheets, several inches apart, and bake for 13-15 minutes, until edges are slightly browned. For smaller cookies, bake 12-14 minutes.
- Allow cookies to set on cookie sheet about ten minutes before removing to wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
If you don’t have vanilla bean paste, scrape the seeds out of one vanilla bean. Save the bean pod to make vanilla sugar!