- 1 head of cabbage – you want 8-12 cabbage leaves – blanched
- 1-2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup finely diced onions
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup bread or panko crumbs mixed with 1-2 tbsp. milk – let rest for 5 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked rice
- EVOO for cooking onions and bell peppers
- Saute onions, bell peppers, salt and pepper until soft, remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl mix ground beef, cooked vegetable mixture, panko crumb/milk mixture, cooked rice, egg, parsley, salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- 1 – 28oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Remove rib from blanched cabbage leaves. Spoon a couple tablespoons or so of meat mixture
- on the rib end of the cabbage leaf. Roll, tuck in sides and continue to roll to end.Place a little of the sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Place cabbage rolls seam side down.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of the cabbage rolls.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.